Update: Our beloved colleague Prof. Giora Slutzki passed away on Sunday, February 14, 2021. Prof. Slutzki died at home in peace and is survived by his wife and two children. Prof. Slutzki dedicated his life to the university and our department during his long career at Iowa State University. We will deeply miss his contributions, wisdom, quick-wittedness, and his genuine care for students and colleagues alike.
- Parametric Multiple Sequence Alignment and Phylogeny Construction (with David Fernandez-Baca and Timo Seppalainen); Journal of Discrete Algorithms, 2, (2004), pp. 271-287.
- Ranking Participants in Generalized Tournaments (with Oscar Volij); International Journal of Game Theory 33(2)(2005), pp. 255-270.
- Scoring of Web Pages and Tournaments � Axiomatizations (with Oscar Volij); Journal of Social Choice and Welfare 26(1)(2006), pp. 75-92.
- Clearing a Polygon with Two 1-searchers (with Boris Simov and Steven LaValle); International Journal of Computational Geometry and Applications (IJCGA) to appear.
- Incentive-Driven P2P Anonymity System: A Game-Theoretic Approach (with S. Ray and Zhang Zhao) 2007 International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP 07), September 2007, XiAn China.
- A Semantic Importing Approach to Knowledge Reuse from Multiple Ontologies (with J. Bao and V. Honavar); Proceedings, 22-nd Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2007), Vancouver, British Columbia, July 22-26. pp. 1306-1309.
- Privacy-Preserving Reasoning on the Semantic Web (with J. Bao and V. Honavar); accepted
Area of Expertise:
Logic-Based Knowledge Representation
PhD , Tel-Aviv University, 1977
MSc Weizmann Institute, 1973
BSc Hebrew University, 1970
Spring 2017: COM S 634: Theory of Games, Knowledge and Uncertainty
Fall 2016: COM S 230: Discrete Computational Structures
Fall 2016: COM S 421: Logic for Mathematics and Computer Science
Spring 2016: COM S 330: Discrete Computational Structures