Coordinator for Industrial and Alumni Relations, Department of Computer Science
Adisak is currently:
- Associate Teaching Professor at Department of Computer Science, Iowa State University
- Associate Chair for Industrial and Alumni Relations, Department of Computer Science https://www.cs.iastate.edu/industry-partnerships
- Instructor for Data Science courses https://www.datascience.iastate.edu/
- DS 201: Introduction to Data Science
- DS 301: Applied Data Modeling and Predictive Analysis
- Advisor for the Data Science Club https://www.facebook.com/DataScienceClubISU/
- Google Cloud Faculty Expert.
- The Faculty Experts program supports Google Cloud’s top advocates in helping other educators explore the benefits of Cloud in the classroom. Also, help others to take advantage of perks like professional development, recognition, networking opportunities for utilizing the Cloud.
Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
Computer Networking, Wireless Network
His past experiences include the following:
Midwest Big Data Summer School, http://mbds.cs.iastate.edu
- Local Arrangement Chair, 2016
- Organizing Committee, 2017-2018
- Speaker for Data Acquisition and Data Processing sessions, 2016-2018
- Lecturer for Computer Science department of King Mongkut’s Institute of Technologies Ladkrabang (2010-2014)
- Assistant Director of Computer Service Center, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technologies Ladkrabang (2013-2014)
- EIFL - OA/FOSS Country Coordinator for Thailand, Coordinate for the Open Access and the Free and Open Source Software working groups for EIFL (Electronic Information for Libraries), a global non-profit organization for developing country http://www.eifl.net/country/thailand
- Distinguish Lecturer award by the Faculty Senate of King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (2012)
- Best Paper Award from International Conference on Communications Systems and Technologies 2011 (ICCST'11) San Francisco, CA
- Reviewer of several international journals and conferences.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science from Chulalongkorn University (2010)
- Visiting Scholar in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Iowa State University (2007-2008)
- 14 years of experience in IT Project Management and System Architect.
- Co-founder of three software companies started in Thailand.
- Consultant on e-Library and Institutional repository development project for various organizations including Thailand House of Representatives, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, numbers of libraries and universities.
David A. Peterson (PI), Wallapak Tavanapong (Co-PI), Olga Chyzh (Co-PI), Adisak Sukul (Co-PI).
This award starts September 15, 2017 and ends August 31, 2020.
$529,776. The award no is 1729775, NSF-SES
Lei Qi, Mohammed Khaleel, Wallapak Tavanapong, Adisak Sukul, David Peterson. A Framework for Deep Quantification Learning. The European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML PKDD) 2020, Belgium, 2020.
Adisak Sukul, Baskar Gopalakrishnan, Wallapak Tavanapong, and David A.M. Peterson. Online Video Ad Measurement for Political Science Research. Special Session on Intelligent Data Mining, IEEE Big Data 2017, Boston, MA, USA, 2017.
Lei Qi ; Chuanhai Zhang ; Adisak Sukul ; Wallapak Tavanapong ; David A. M. Peterson, “Automated Coding of Political Video Ads for Political Science Research”. 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM), December 11-13, 2016, San Jose, USA
Adisak Sukul, Pattarasinee Bhattarakosol, “Range Extended Multi-hop Relay Network with Network Coding Relay”. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, ISSN: 20780958; e-ISSN: 20780966, Year: 2011, Volume: 2194, Issue: 1, pages No: 814-816.
A. Sukul, J. Morris Chang, and P. Bhattarakosol, “An Unbound Network Coding for Extended IEEE 802.16j Multi-hop Relay Network”, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Hindawi publishing, Nov 2011.
A. Sukul and P. Bhattarakosol, “Range Extended Multi-hop Relay Network with Network Coding Relay”. In Conf. International Conference on Communications Systems and Technologies 2011 (ICCST'11), San Francisco, CA, USA, Oct. 2011. Best Paper Award