COM S 586
Offered during Fall Semester each year.
- Credits: 3 credit hours
- Instructor's or course coordinator's name: Dr. Lu Ruan
- Textbook, title, author, and year: Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, 5th Edition, by Larry Peterson and Bruce Davie, Morgan Kaufmann.
- Other supplemental materials: None
- Brief description of the content of the course: Design and implementation of computer communication networks: layered network architectures, local area networks, data link protocols, distributed routing, transport services, network programming interfaces, network applications, error control, flow/congestion control, interconnection of heterogeneous networks, TCP/IP, software-defined networking and network security.
- Prerequisites or co-requisites: COM S 511, COM S 552, or CPR E 389