COM S 567
Offered during Fall Semester each year.
- Credits: 3 credit hours
- Instructor's or course coordinator's name: Oliver Eulenstein
- Textbook, title, author, and year:
- Neil C. Jones and Pavel Pevzner, An Introduction to Bioinformatics Algorithms, MIT Press 2004
- Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest and Clifford Stein, Introduction to Algorithms (3rd edition), MIT Press, 2009
- Other supplemental materials: None
- Brief description of the content of the course: Biology as an information science. A review of the algorithmic principles that are driving the advances in bioinformatics and computational biology.
- Prerequisites or co-requisites: COM S 228, COM S 330, credit or enrollment in BIOL 315, STAT 430