COM S 417
Offered during Fall Semester each year.
- Credits and contact hours: 3 credits, 3 contact hours
- Instructor’s or course coordinator’s name: Myra Cohen
- Text book, title, author, and year: Introduction to Software Testing, 2nd edition, Paul Ammann and Jeff Offutt.
- Other supplemental materials: None
Specific course information
- Brief description of the content of the course: An introduction to software testing principles and techniques. Test models, test design, test adequacy criteria; regression, integration, and system testing; and software testing tools.
- Prerequisites or co-requisites: COM S 309; COM S 230 or CPRE 310; ENGL 250, SP CM 212
- Required, elective, or selected elective? Selected Elective
Specific goals for the course
- Specific outcomes of instruction:
- Ability to design tests to meet realistic coverage criteria. (2, 6)
- Ability to apply standard software testing techniques.
- Exposure to testing tools.
- Exposure to one advanced testing method, more in depth.
- Students will work in teams and submit a report and give a presentation. (3, 5)
Brief list of topics to be covered
- Software testing, principles, and methodologies
- Management strategies and techniques
- Test models
- Test design techniques
- Black box and white box testing techniques
- Test adequacy criteria
- System testing methods
- Software testing tools