Adisak is currently:
- Associate Teaching Professor at Department of Computer Science, Iowa State University
- Associate Chair for Industrial and Alumni Relations, Department of Computer Science https://www.cs.iastate.edu/industry-partnerships
- Instructor for Computer Science and Data Science courses:
- Com S 113: Introduction to Spreadsheet and Databases
- DS 201: Introduction to Data Science
- DS 301: Applied Data Modeling and Predictive Analysis
- Advisor for the Data Science Club https://www.facebook.com/DataScienceClubISU/
- Faculty Curriculum Team for ISU DSPG - Data Science for the Public Good Young Scholars Program
- Google Cloud Faculty Expert.
- The Faculty Experts program supports Google Cloud’s top advocates in helping other educators explore the benefits of Cloud in the classroom. Also, help others to take advantage of perks like professional development, recognition, networking opportunities for utilizing the Cloud.
Data Science, Machine Learning, AI and Cloud Computing
1. LAS Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Introductory Teaching 2021
2. ISU Award for Interdisciplinary Team Research (with Data Science for Public Good Summer - DSPG 2020 team)
3. 2021 ISU Extension and Outreach Excellence in Research-Based Programming Award (with Data Science for Public Good Summer - DSPG 2020 team)
His past experiences include the following:
Midwest Big Data Summer School, http://mbds.cs.iastate.edu
- Local Arrangement Chair, 2016
- Organizing Committee, 2017-2018
- Speaker for Data Acquisition and Data Processing sessions, 2016-2018
- Speaker for Introduction to Data Science with Python and Practical Data Science and Machine Learning on the Cloud sessions, 2021
- Faculty Curriculum Team for ISU DSPG - Data Science for the Public Good Young Scholars Program (2020-2021)
- Lecturer for Computer Science department of King Mongkut’s Institute of Technologies Ladkrabang (2010-2014)
- Assistant Director of Computer Service Center, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technologies Ladkrabang (2013-2014)
- EIFL - OA/FOSS Country Coordinator for Thailand, Coordinate for the Open Access and the Free and Open Source Software working groups for EIFL (Electronic Information for Libraries), a global non-profit organization for developing country http://www.eifl.net/country/thailand
- Distinguish Lecturer award by the Faculty Senate of King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (2012)
- Best Paper Award from International Conference on Communications Systems and Technologies 2011 (ICCST'11) San Francisco, CA
- Reviewer of several international journals and conferences.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science from Chulalongkorn University (2010)
- Visiting Scholar in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Iowa State University (2007-2008)
- 14 years of experience in IT Project Management and System Architect.
- Co-founder of three software companies started in Thailand.
- Consultant on e-Library and Institutional repository development project for various organizations including Thailand House of Representatives, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, numbers of libraries and universities.
David A. Peterson (PI), Wallapak Tavanapong (Co-PI), Olga Chyzh (Co-PI), Adisak Sukul (Co-PI).
Lei Qi, Mohammed Khaleel, Wallapak Tavanapong, Adisak Sukul, David Peterson. A Framework for Deep Quantification Learning. The European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML PKDD) 2020, Belgium, 2020.
Adisak Sukul, Baskar Gopalakrishnan, Wallapak Tavanapong, and David A.M. Peterson. Online Video Ad Measurement for Political Science Research. Special Session on Intelligent Data Mining, IEEE Big Data 2017, Boston, MA, USA, 2017.
Lei Qi ; Chuanhai Zhang ; Adisak Sukul ; Wallapak Tavanapong ; David A. M. Peterson, “Automated Coding of Political Video Ads for Political Science Research”. 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM), December 11-13, 2016, San Jose, USA
Adisak Sukul, Pattarasinee Bhattarakosol, “Range Extended Multi-hop Relay Network with Network Coding Relay”. Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, ISSN: 20780958; e-ISSN: 20780966, Year: 2011, Volume: 2194, Issue: 1, pages No: 814-816.
A. Sukul, J. Morris Chang, and P. Bhattarakosol, “An Unbound Network Coding for Extended IEEE 802.16j Multi-hop Relay Network”, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Hindawi publishing, Nov 2011.
A. Sukul and P. Bhattarakosol, “Range Extended Multi-hop Relay Network with Network Coding Relay”. In Conf. International Conference on Communications Systems and Technologies 2011 (ICCST'11), San Francisco, CA, USA, Oct. 2011. Best Paper Award