Iowa State University Department of Computer Science & Graduate Student Organization 5th Annual Research Day.
Poster presentations are available on the Department of Computer Science YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNrLDXlk8iIXuYy1gL5OVuw/videos
Spring 2021 Poster Winners:
- Nasim Sabetpour for her poster presentation on "Aggregating Sequence Labels from Crowds: An Optimization Approach". Nasim is a fourth-year Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science. Here are a few comments from her presentation:
- This was a clear and concise presentation with an applied and interesting idea.
- The research problem is important and Nasim's approach is promising. The core message was clear, and the presented solution was interesting.
- Adithya Kulkarni for his poster presentation on "Truth Discovery for Constituency Parse Tree Aggregation". Adithya is a second-year Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science. Here are a few comments from his presentation:
- This was an easy-to-understand presentation for those not from computer science.
- The method is solving an important problem and the result is better than existing methods.
- The presented idea helped me to figure out a problem I faced in my own research.
- Yasaman Esfandiari for her poster presentation on "Cross Gradient Aggregation for Decentralized Deep Learning". Yasaman is a fifth-year Ph.D. candidate co-majoring in computer science and mechanical engineering. Here are a few comments from her presentation:
- Your poster was well-presented, well-organized, and easy to understand.
- The work is interesting and looks like they have been able to achieve better results than the state of the art and making an impact in the distributed deep learning research area.
Spring 2021 Graduate Poster Presentation awards are made possible by: