Computer Science Graduate Admissions
Please do not email us with your grade point average, test scores, or cv asking about your chances for admission. The following information can be used as a guideline.
- GRE: required. The average successful applicant scores within the 90th percentile on the quantitative portion of the GRE.
- English proficiency: required. TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for admission. Minimum PBT is 550; iBT 79; IELTS 6.5. We will review without English proficiency scores, but university admissions generally does not issue I-20 documentation without passing scores.
- Academic Performance: A GPA comparable to a "B+" average, or 3.30 out of a possible 4.00, and ranking in the top quartile (25%) of the graduating class. In the case of international applicants:
- United Kingdom, Australia, India, New Zealand, Canada, and Asian and African countries following the British University model: 4-year First Class Bachelor's Degree with Distinction (3-year degrees are not accepted), or a First Class master's degree and minimum cumulative average marks of 60% or a cumulative average grade of 7.5 or higher on a 10 point scale.
- Japan and Korea: 4-year bachelor's degree with a cumulative score of 85% or 3.30 GPA on a 4 point scale and ranking in top quartile of graduating class.
- Taiwan (ROC): 4-year bachelor's degree (3 or 5 year diplomas not accepted) with a cumulative score of 80%, and ranking in top quartile.
- People's Republic of China: 4-year bachelor's degree from a University with a cumulative score of 85% and ranking in top quartile of the graduating class.
- Western Europe and Latin America: 4 or 5 year University degree and ranking in top quartile.
- Eastern Europe and Russia: 4 or 5 year University degree, minimum grade of 7.5 on a 10 point scale and ranking in top quartile.